Over 10 years ago, I was recovering from the birth of my first baby in Provo, Utah. My husband had gone back to work, so my big brother drove from Northern Montana to come take care of me for a while. While I was in his care, he made the most amazing sandwich for me. It must have made quite an impression on me, because I was reminded of how good it was just the other day. This is my attempt at replicating that heavenly sandwich. It has everything a good sandwich should–savory cream cheese spread, smoked salmon, tart and crunchy apples, and that meaty flavor of arugula. Yum! I hope this leaves an impression on you like it did me. Enjoy!
Gourmet Smoked Salmon Bagel
- 4 Everything Bagel Thomas Bagel Thins
- 4 oz. smoked salmon sliced
- 4 oz. Swiss cheese sliced
- ¾ Granny Smith Apple sliced thin
- 2 Cup Arugula loosely packed
Herb Cream Cheese Spread
- 5 ounces Original Cream Cheese
- 1/8 Cup Green Onions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon French’s Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Parsley dried
- 1 teaspoon Dill Weed dried
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
Prepare Herb Cream Cheese by mixing all ingredients in a mixing bowl using a handheld electric mixer. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Spread 2 Tablespoons of Herb Cream Cheese on insides of bagels. Top with Swiss Cheese, Salmon, Apple Slices, and arugula.