The end of a very wet winter is coming to a close here in Utah, and the price and freshness of produce in the stores is a bit lacking. However, one of our favorite side dishes at dinnertime is fruit salad. Thus, I have come up with a salad that has the most flavor in the dead of winter without breaking the bank when produce is not at its peak. Here goes:
Winter Fruit and Yogurt Salad
The most flavorful and least expensive fruit to serve your family in the dead of winter
- 1 large honecrisp apple chopped
- 1 medium grannysmith apple chopped
- 1 large bartlett pear chopped
- 4 small clementine oranges peeled and sectioned
- 1 1/2 cup red grapes
- 1 1/2 cup frozen strawberries chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt Plain, unsweetened
- 2 Tablespoons honey
Mix all ingredients and serve cold.
I’m adding this recipe to my Prepear meal plan next week. You can do the same by downloading the FREE app HERE.