Sunday nights at the Andersen house often include card games and cookies. This is our most frequently baked cookie. Dipped in a cold glass of milk, nothing says “home” better! To be completely transparent with you, I usually cut out half the sugar in most of my baked goods and no one complains. Enjoy!
Hearty Mrs. Fields Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter softened
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 6 ounces Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 Cups Walnuts or Pecans chopped
- Cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until fluffy and smooth.
- Put small amounts of oats in a blender and grind until it turns into a coarse meal.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, ground oats, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix one cup of dry ingredients at a time into the creamed wet ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, spoon a tablespoon of dough for each cookie and place 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes, until tops are lightly golden. Let cool on the sheet for about 2 minutes before removing with a spatula.
(Includes Affiliate Link)