We drink this smoothie once a week. It’s delicious, refreshing, and an incredible immune booster. I’ll prove it. Blueberries: antioxidants, Ginger: anti-inflammatory, Bananas: Potassium; Spinach: antioxidants; Kefir: probiotics. Did I mention it is delicious? I have a supply of to-go cups and cute straws in my storage room just so I can make this smoothie for friends and neighbors who are sick or just need a boost so they know I love them. I dare you to try it. And then make one for your neighbor. ENJOY!
And, take my word for it, you want to drink this one with a straw. Otherwise, your smile will look like a shot from a horror movie when you are finished.
Blueberry Ginger Smoothie with Kefir
- 1 Cup Raw Spinach packed tightly into blender
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Ginger root peeled and sliced
- 1 Banana ripe
- 1 Cup frozen Blueberries
- ½ Cup Plain, Unsweetened Kefir
- Tightly pack spinach into the blender and fill the almond milk to the 1 Cup mark. Add peeled ginger and banana. Blend until very smooth.
- Add blueberries and blend another minute on high.
- Add kefir and either mix by hand or blend on the lowest setting for just 5 seconds. Blending it too long will decrease the effectiveness of the probiotics.
Includes Affiliate Link