Whenever I make this pizza, I don’t have to arm-wrestle the kids for a slice. I usually get as much as I want, because it is not their favorite. Maybe that’s why I love it so much? Whatever the real reason, I LOVE this pizza! The rosemary crust combined with sweet pears, caramelized onions, crunchy walnuts and creamy feta is a satisfying blend of flavor and texture. Top it all off with fresh, meaty arugula and this pizza is a winner! I hope you like it, but I won’t be offended if you don’t. Try everything once, right?
Gourmet Rosemary Pear and Feta Pizza
- 12 inch Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- 2 tbsp Olive oil extra virgin
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Salt
- 1 tbsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 1 whole Bartlett Pear Sliced thin
- 1 Cup Red Onion sliced thin
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts Coarsely chopped
- 2 Cups Fresh Arugula
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush olive oil over pizza crust and sprinkle with garlic salt and rosemary. Crumble feta cheese over top and bake for about 8 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- While pizza is baking, caramelize the onions by steeping them in 1 tablespoon of water in a covered skillet. Cook at medium high heat until the onions are tender and transluscent. Remove from heat. Toss the pears with the onions and keep covered until ready to top the pizza.
- Top the pizza with chopped walnuts, pears and onions, and fresh arugula.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve warm.