I’ll describe this as a Westernized version of a Caribbean salad. With its big chunks of mangoes, avocadoes, grapes and chicken, this is a crowd-pleaser at Summer barbecues. Enjoy!
Mango Lime Pasta Salad
creamy pasta salad with Carribean flare
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta
- 2 large mangos ripe, see notes
- 2 large avocados ripe but firm
- 2 cups celery chopped
- 2 cups red grapes sliced
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken cubed
- 3/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds chopped
Creamy Lime Dressing
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise full fat
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons dried terragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, chop mangos, avocados, grapes, celery, onion and cooked chicken and set aside.
- In a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake together all dressing ingredients.
- Once pasta is cooked, mix the dressing into the pasta until it is well-coated. Add remaining ingredients except for the almonds and chill in the fridge immediately.
- Chill for 4 to 6 hours. Mix the salad, then top it with toasted almonds before serving.
My favorite mangos are the Ataulfo mangos (or honey mangos) from Costco or Sprouts Market. They have the best flavor.