Caulifower is not my kids favorite vegetable. However, they will scarf down a whole head of it in this deliciously creamy soup. Even in the dead of Summer, my kids enjoyed this! Serve with garlic toast and a green salad to round it out. Enjoy!
Cauliflower and Potato Chowder
Creamy chowder full of vegetables
Servings 6 people
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup red onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup bacon cooked, 6 strips
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 3 cups potatoes cubed
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- In a large stockpot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add red onions and saute until transluscent. Add garlic for the last 60 seconds of cooking.
- Add bacon, cauliflower, potatoes, and chicken broth to pot. Boil for about 10 minutes or until potatoes and cauliflower can be mashed with the back of a spoon.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Slowly stir in the half and half and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with cheese and additional bacon pieces.