These savory waffles are a really quick fix for busy mornings. I love sending the kids off with a well-rounded meal to start their day, and this one fits the bill. I like to serve these waffles with salsa and a hearty smoothie. My toddler eats them best cut in long strips so he can dip them in catsup. Enjoy!
Savory Egg and Cheese Hashbrown Waffles
- 3 medium Russett potatoes cooked and shredded, 3 cups
- 9 large eggs
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- salsa for serving
- Preheat waffle maker and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk.
- Cook potatoes in the microwave about 5 minutes until they are soft. Shred into the bowl with the eggs and milk. Stir in cheese, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Scoop 1/4 to 1/2 cup of mixture onto waffle iron. Cook for about 5 minutes, checking every few minutes to avoid burning.
- When the waffles are golden in color, use a fork or tongs to remove them from the waffle maker.
- Serve with catsup, salsa, or sour cream.