This is one of my favorite salads to serve at summer barbecues because it is super easy to make, doesn’t heat up the kitchen, and it can sit out for a long time without concern of microbial growth. Three bean salad tastes best when you make it ahead of time and let it marinate over night. I’ve made a few changes to the classic recipe to make it less sugary and more flavor-packed. Happy Barbecuing!!!
|Three Bean Salad
4 Cups Green Beans, steamed (or 2 cans)
2 15 oz. Cans Wax Beans
1 15 oz. Can Kidney Beans
1 15 oz. Can Garbanzo Beans
1 Cup Frozen Corn
1 Red Bell Pepper, minced
1/2 Cup Red or Yellow Onion, minced
1/2 Cup Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1. Drain canned beans. Rinse and drain Kidney and Garbanzo beans well. Pat dry.
2. Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake all dressing ingredients until the sugar is completely dissolved.
4. Pour dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
5. Cover the bowl and let chill 4 hours or over night.
Makes about 15 Cups of salad