Winter is deeply set and the fresh fruit from our trees and garden is long gone. However, there is plenty of fresh fruit at peak flavor in the markets this time of year. This fruit salad is made up of winter’s freshest fruits like table grapes, oranges, kiwifruit, and pomagranate from California or Arizona. If you have been asked to bring a side dish to your next holiday gathering, this is a delicious combination of fruit to contribute. Enjoy!
Winter’s Best Fruit Salad
- 1 1/2 Cups Red Grapes sliced
- 1 Cup Fresh Pineapple chopped
- 2 large Kiwifruit chopped
- 1 large Pear chopped
- 4 small Clementines or cuties
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate seeds
- Peel, chop, or slice fruit and toss. The pears won't brown as you mix them with the acid in the pineapple.