Apple Bacon Kale Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
Ya know it’s a winner when there are no leftovers.
Apple Bacon Kale Salad with Poppy seed Dressing
side dish for steak, chicken or pork
Servings 6 people
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 6 cups kale loosely packed
- 1 large fugi apple
- 1/2 cup real bacon pieces
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Mix 1/4 Cup dressing with kale and massage into the leaves for about 60 seconds. Top with remaining salad ingredients. Drizzle another tablespoon of dressing over top.
- In a blender, add all dressing ingredients EXCEPT poppy seeds in the order listed. Blend 1 minute. Add seeds and blend a few seconds more. Dressing can be refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 1 month.