This is a great side salad for rounding out curries, tikka masala, fried rice, and other Asian foods.
Mandarin Side Salad
Fresh green salad for Asian Night
Servings 8 people
- 6 Cups Kale loosely packed
- 2 Cups Romaine Lettuce
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded carrots
- 3/4 Cup Red Bell Peppers chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions sliced small
- 10.5 ounce can Mandarin Oranges drained
- 1/2 Cup Chow Mein Noodles Omit for gluten-free option
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Almonds sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce See Notes
- 3 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh Ginger zested
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha Sauce* See notes
- 1 clove Garlic finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Combine all dressing ingredients into a mason jar with a tight fitting lid.
- In a large mixing bowl, massage 2 tablespoons of dressing into the kale. Use your hands to get the best result. This helps take the bitter flavor out of the kale. Let it sit to marinate while you prepare remaining ingredients.
- Toss kale with the romaine lettuce to coat, and add remaining salad ingredients.
- Drizzle with more dressing as desired.
The 1/2 teaspoon of Sriracha is just enough to add flavor to the dressing. You can use more if you like the heat. Remember to use Bragg Liquid Aminos as a soy sauce substitute and to omit the chow mein noodles for gluten-free needs.