Simple Garden Chopped Salad with Semi-homemade Ranch Dressing
The best salads have various textures, flavors and colors and this one fits the bill. This garden chopped salad is as simple as it gets, and the flavor is amazing. (The secret is the green onions and semi-homemade dressing.) Even my picky eaters will eat a good serving of this one at the dinner table. It pairs well with everything–chicken, casseroles, Mexican, Italian–you name it.
This is another great option to add to a list of easy weeknight meals for my 14 days of CUSTOM Family Meal plans Giveaway. Have you entered yet? I’m going to personally consult with you on your family’s dietary needs and preferences and you will walk away with 14 days of simple, make-ahead meals with grocery lists to get you through this craziest month of May. Enter HERE.
Garden Vegetable Chopped Salad with Semi-Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 5 Cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 1 large Sweet Bell Pepper, sliced Red, orange, or yellow
- 1 large Avocado sliced
- 1 medium Tomato, vine-ripened chopped
- 1 medium Cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas thawed
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onion minced
Semi-Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 Cup Plain Milk Kefir or buttermilk
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise Original
- 3 Tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch Dry Mix 1 packet
- In a mason jar, combine dressing ingredients. Screw on a tight-fitting lid, and shake until well mixed.
- Mix 1/4 Cup Ranch dressing with romaine lettuce until well combined. Top with remaining ingredients and drizzle with 2 tablespoons more dressing.
- Serve immediately.
(Includes Affiliate Link)