To this day, one of our favorite meals is Black Beans and Cilantro Lime Rice with my homemade Peach (or Mango) Salsa. It’s fast, easy, filling and full of fiber and nutrition. That makes it a win-win-win-win for our family dinner table. Making the beans in the Instant Pot turns this meal into a make-ahead meal that fits into our busiest nights. I also make these beans as a side dish for our Cafe Rio Salads for a Crowd (which is a recipe coming soon!).
Ever since my oldest was 6 years old, she named this dish “donuts,” because she thought the rice and beans with cheese and salsa sprinkled on top looked like chocolate sprinkle donuts. To each her own, I guess. One thing is for sure, the kids all come running when I tell them we are having donuts for dinner, and they know I’m not talking about the sweet pastries from the bakery. I hope you and your family enjoys this as much as we do!
Instant Pot Seasoned Black Beans for a Crowd
- 32 oz Dry Black Beans rinsed and sorted
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Better than Bouillon Chicken Soup Base
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in the Instant Pot and fill with water to the 1/2 line inside the pot.
- Lock the lid into place and set the pot to the [Bean/Chili] setting for 25 minutes. You may also use the Manual or Pressure Cook Setting for 30 minutes.
- Once the cooking is finished, allow the pressure to naturally release. This will take about 20 minutes.
(Includes Affiliate Link)