We use this recipe for lime rice in a few different dishes including Fiesta Vegetable Bowls, Seasoned Beans and Rice, and (our favorite) Cafe Rio Salads for a Crowd (recipe coming soon!) There’s something about adding a hint of lime and chicken broth to plain white rice that makes it so delicious. Another fantastic benefit of of this dish is it is really inexpensive (about $5 to feed 16 people 2/3-cup serving) and naturally gluten-free. Enjoy!
Cilantro Lime Rice for a Crowd
- Stock Pot
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- 6 cups White Rice
- 12 cups Chicken Broth vegetable broth for vegetarian option
- 3 Limes zested and juiced
- 1 Tablespoon Dehydrated Onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the rice and butter in a large stock pot over medium high heat.
- Brown the rice by cooking in butter about 5 minutes. Add broth, zest, juice dehydrated onions, and salt and cover with a lid.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until water is fully absorbed, and rice can be fluffed with a fork.