Fiesta Vegetable Bowl with Lime Rice and Tomatillo Dressing
Cleaning out the fridge never tasted so good! This Fiesta bowl has it all: tangy lime rice, sweet and savory vegetables, and zesty tomatillo ranch dressing. You are going to love the blend of all these flavors together! Serve this delicious dish for your next “Meatless Monday,” “Taco Tuesday,” or “Simple Meal Saturday,” because this meal fits any of those bills. I hope your family loves this dish as much as we do. Enjoy!
Fiesta Vegetable Bowls with Lime Rice and Tomatillo Dressing
Servings 6 people
- 3 1/2 Cups Sweet Potato peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 medium Zucchini Squash diced
- 2 medium Red Bell Peppers Diced
- 1 medium Yellow Onion diced
- 1 1/4 Cup Frozen Corn
- 15 oz. Black Beans drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Cup Cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar shredded
- 2 small Avocadoes diced
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Cups White Rice
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth vegetable broth for vegetarian option
- 1 Lime zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Tomatillo Ranch Dressing
- 1 Cup Plain Kefir or buttermilk
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise original
- 3 tablespoons Traditional Hidden Valley Ranch Mix 1 packet
- 4 medium Tomatillos washed and husks removed
- 1/2 bunch fresh Cilantro stems removed
- 1 medium Garlic Clove
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 small Jalapeno seeds removed
- Starting with the sweet potato, chop all your veggies into bite-sized pieces.
- Coat a non-stick skillet or wok with Canola Cooking Spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Add just the sweet potatoes and water to the skillet. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes before adding zucchini, peppers, and onions to the skillet.
- Cook vegetables until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add frozen corn, beans, and seasonings, and cook for another 5 minutes until warmed through.
- While vegetables are cooking, add the rice and butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Brown the rice by cooking in butter about 5 minutes. Add broth, zest, juice and salt and cover with a lid.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes or until water is fully absorbed, and rice can be fluffed with a fork.
Tomatillo Ranch Dressing
- In the order listed above, add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on high speed about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Serve vegetables in bowls over a bed of lime rice and top with cilantro, cheese, avocadoes, and a drizzle of tomatillo dressing.