Sundays are my favorite day of the week. Lately, it starts with a hustle to get myself and five kids dressed in our Sunday best and out the door for church. But once that is done, I get to slow down a bit. Sundays are the only day of the week that Neil is indefinitely home with us for two meals: lunch and dinner. Thus, its the one day of the week that I try to have the simplest meal prep so I can spend my time enjoying family outside of the kitchen. Lunch is either bean and cheese crisps or this colorful snack board. I never have it ready right when we walk in the door from Church, so I use this as an opportunity to cook with him and my kids together.
The snacks each week vary, so I have a long list of choices you can fill your own snack boards with. Obviously not everything listed here can fit on one board. And not every option for a snack board is listed here. Get createive with whatever your fits your family’s fancy. I will say, however, that the most successful snack boards have a combination of all food groups (grains, protein, dairy, fruits/vegetables), flavors, textures, and colors. I also like to serve two different options for dips to fit the likings of everyone in the family.
Sunday Snack Board
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 1 large cucumber sliced
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 2 Stalks Celery sliced
- 6 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup Sugar Snap Peas
- 8 oz. fresh strawberries rinsed
- 8 oz. fresh grapes rinsed
- 5 oz. Sharp Cheddar cubed
- 1 cup Raw Almonds
- 1/2 cup Raisins or dried fruit
- 2 Cups Wheat Thins or whole grain crackers
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 Cup Plain Kefir or butter milk
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons Dry Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
Hearty Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus
- 15 oz Garbanzo beans
- 1 medium Roasted Red Bell pepper peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley Chopped fine
- Assemble cut vegetables, nuts, cheeses, and dried fruit on a cutting board or platter.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- In a mason jar with a lid, combine mayonnaise, Ranch seasoning and kefir. Shake until well combined
Hearty Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Puree all ingredients until well blended. I like to use an immersion blender, but a countertop blender will work fine as well.
- Serve immediately, or transfer hummus to air-tight container and chill for up to one week.