This Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Copycat is the main entree for my go-to meal when feeding a large crowd- Chicken Taco Salads. I use chicken instead of pork for a couple reasons–mainly because I always have frozen chicken on hand. Also, chicken is usually less expensive and contains less fat than pork. This recipe uses FROZEN chicken on the high pressure setting of my Instant Pot and it turns out incredibly tender and favorful.
I serve this with my Instant Pot Seasoned Black Beans, Cilantro Lime Rice, Tomatillo Ranch Dressing, and Mango Salsa when I’m cooking for 20 people or more. This recipe is tried-and-true and SO delicious. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Sweet Salsa Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker
- 4 lbs Frozen Chicken Breasts (about 6 large chicken breasts)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Cups Mild Pace Picante Salsa
- Lay FROZEN chicken breasts on the bottom of and 8 quart Instant Pot. (See Notes) Pour salsa and sprinkle brown sugar over the chicken.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid and turn the top nozzle to the [Sealing] position. Set the [Manual] or [Pressure Cook] setting to high for 20 minutes.
- It will take approximately 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to gain pressure before cooking time begins. After the cooking is complete, let the chicken sit and naturally release pressure for 10 minutes before venting the remaining pressure with the top nozzle.
- To shred the chicken, you can remove the chicken to a cookie sheet and hack at it with a metal spatula or forks. OR, use the whisking attatchments in your countertop mixer (I use the Bosch) and put an entire breast into the mixer. Pulse three or four times and your chicken will be evenly and perfectly shredded.
(Includes Affiliate Links)