Every Christmas we eat these enchiladas after a fun day of opening gifts and playing games. This Christmas, I forgot to start the chicken in the slow-cooker the night before. Instant Pot to the rescue! I made our enchiladas from frozen to ready-to-eat in 60 minutes flat. The chicken was just as tender and flavorful as the slow cooker method. Enjoy!
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas (Instant Pot)
Honey Lime Chicken
- 2 lbs frozen chicken breasts
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 3 small limes 1/2 Cup juiced
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Dehydrated Chopped Onions
- 16 ounces Herdez Salsa Verde mild
- 1/2 Cup Plain, Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
- 18 small Corn Tortillas
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- In a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid, mix together broth, lime juice, honey, chili powder and onions. Secure the lid and shake until completely dissolved. Add frozen chicken to the Instant Pot and pour sauce over the chicken.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid and select the [High Pressure] or [Manual] setting for 18 minutes. Make sure to turn the knob to the sealing position.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Pour 1/2 cup of salsa verde on the bottom of the pan.
- Add Greek yogurt to the remaining salsa. Secure with the jar lid and shake until yogurt and salsa are completely mixed. Set aside.
- Once the chicken has finished the pressure cooking cycle, manually release the pressure by turning the knob the the venting position.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred with a metal spatula. Or, use the wisk attachment of a countertop mixer to quickly shred chicken.
- Assemble the enchiladas by either rolling into tortillas and topping with yougurt salsa and cheese. Another option is to layer 6 corn tortillas on the bottom of the pan and top with half the chicken. Repeat layer and top with 6 more corn tortillas, yogurt salsa and cheese. The latter option is fastest.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.