The original recipe for this Red Salsa came from our dear friend, Vonda from Mesa, AZ. People from Mesa know how to do salsa! It takes all of about 10 minutes to make a massive bowl of salsa, so this recipe is a keeper! I did, however make one omission to the recipe because we have a hard time finding el Pato Sauce in Utah. If you want more kick than this recipe provides, add your hot sauce of choice to taste. Since I am a whimp when it comes to spicy food, this is a very mild salsa. Enjoy!
Easy Blender Red Salsa
- 102 ounces Canned Whole tomatoes (#10 can)
- 8 ounces Diced Green Chilis canned
- 5 bunches Green Onions coarsely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Open can of tomatoes and drain and discard between 1 and 2 cups of juice out of the can.
- In a large mixing bowl, squish tomatoes with your hands (or cut with kitchen shears). Add chilis, onions and spices and pour half a blender full at a time into your blender. Pulse or puree until you reach your desired consistency.
- This salsa tastes best when made a day in advance and chilled in the fridge before serving to let the flavors mix. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
(Includes Affiliate links)