This recipe is a spin-off of my very favorite meal, Spinach and Feta Quinoa Cakes with Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce. Unfortunately, my entire family HATES those quinoa cakes. How can something I love SO much be hated by everyone else in my family?! It’s sad. However, I made a few swaps to make a more savory, homestyle version of the same quinoa cakes, and the kids LOVED them. It’s a keeper! Enjoy!
Ham and Cheese Quinoa Cakes with Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 3 Cups Quinoa cooked
- 4 large Eggs
- 4 Cups Fresh Spinach chopped and stems removed
- 1 Cup Ham chopped
- 1/2 Cup Real Bacon Pieces
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Red Onions chopped
- 2 teaspoon Dry Dill
- 2 clove Garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- Prepare the yogurt dipping sauce and chill it in the fridge.
- In a stove-top skillet, add the spinach and cover with a lid. Wilt the leaves at medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for just 60 seconds to release the flavor.
- Mix all quinoa cake ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Use a fork to beat the eggs and incorporate well into the quinoa mixture. Preheat a non-stick electric skillet to 350 degrees or a stove-top skillet heated to medium-high.
- Use your hands to form a ball out of the quinoa just smaller than the size of a tennis ball. Place it on the heated skillet and press it into a patty. Use a spatula to round out the sides of the cake.
- Cook for about 7 minutes on the first side of the cake. Use a spatula to flip the cake over and cook for another 5 minutes.
- When the cakes are finished, serve them immediately and top with a dollop of dipping sauce
Here is the griddle I use: