Spinach and Feta Quinoa Cakes
This is a gluten-free, protein packed meal. Two cakes (3-inch diameter) with 1 tablespoon of yogurt sauce each provides 18 grams of protein, 10 grams of fiber, and 20 grams of carbohydrate. The combination of spinach and feta cakes with fresh lemon and dill dipping sauce will make your taste buds dance. Enjoy this delicious party in your mouth!
|Spinach and Feta Quinoa Cakes
1 1/2 Cups Quinoa, cooked
Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce
2. In a stove-top skillet, add the spinach and cover with a lid. Wilt the leaves at medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for just 60 seconds to release the flavor.
3. Mix all quinoa cake ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Use a fork to beat the eggs and incorporate well into the quinoa mixture. Preheat a non-stick electric skillet to 350 degrees or a stove-top skillet heated to medium high.
4. Use your hands to form a ball out of the quinoa just smaller than the size of a tennis ball. Place it on the heated skillet and press it into a patty. Use a spatula to round out the sides of the cake.
5. Cook for about 7 minutes on the first side of the cake. Use a spatula to flip the cake over and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. When the cakes are finished, serve them immediately and top with a dollop of yogurt sauce
Makes 6 (3-inch diameter) cakes.
The cakes should be golden brown when you first flip them over. They are ready to eat when they are the texture of a burger and don’t easily crumble.