Fresh-baked homemade bread envelops all the comfort and warmth of home. Once I got myself a Bosch mixer (aff. link) this comfort food was featured more regularly at our dinner table, and our whole family is so glad! My favorite Fall and Winter meal is a bowl of hot soup with this bread– fresh out of the oven. YUM!!!
This recipe is simple and fail-proof. Not only does it taste delicious, but it is 100% whole wheat, and made with all whole ingredients. I hope you and your dinner guest love this as much as the Andersen family does. Enjoy!
Easy Honey Whole Wheat Bread (for the Bosch)
- 3 Cups Warm Water 80 degrees
- 1 Tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 8 Cups Whole Wheat Flour divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. This will warm the kitchen and help the yeast activate. In the bowl of the Bosch mixer, combine water and yeast. Let it sit a minute until the yeast begins to bubble.
- Add salt, oil, and honey and mix on the lowest speed until the honey dissolves. On low speed, gradually add 5 cups flour and mix until all the flour is incorporated. Slowly add 1/2 cup increments of additional flour until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl. (See notes for pictures.)
- Mix on medium speed for 6 minutes. While you wait, generously grease two, 9 x 5 x 3 inch bread pans. Once finished, rub a bit of cooking spray on your palms and fingers and pull half of the dough out of the mixer. Form into an oval-shaped loaf and place into the bread pans.
- Set the bread pans in the warmest corner of your kitchen (I put mine on the counter top right next to the stove), and cover with a clean, dry cloth. It will take about 10 minutes for the dough to rise to the top of the bread pans.
- Place the pans on the same rack inside your oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tops are a dark, golden brown. Let the loaves cool in the pans for a couple minutes before removing onto a cooling rack for another 5 minutes. Slice with a serrated bread knife and serve warm with butter and honey.
(Includes Affiliate Links)