At first glance, my kids wanted nothing to do with this new smoothie. It was an unfamiliar color, and they didn’t know what to expect from it. After explaining it was full of their favorite tropical fruits–mango, pineapple, strawberries and banana–they gave it a taste. And they LOVED it! The green spinach adds lots of fiber and nutrition–and color. What a great life lesson to be learned from food.
Tropical Green Smoothie
- 2 cups spinach fresh
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups mango chunks fresh or frozen
- 1 small banana fresh or frozen
- 1 cup fresh pineapple or frozen
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup ice cubes
- In the order above, blend ingredients until smooth and creamy. Add water or almond milk to gain desired consistency.