The selling point of this chicken is the balsamic sauce—it’s savory and sweet and delicious! You will love the way it flavors the chicken and veggies, but you will also love dipping some crusty bread in the drizzle left over on your plate. This recipe is an adaptation from Better Homes and Gardens at bhg.com. I tweaked a few things in order to make it fit the needs of my family.
EASY Balsamic Chicken and Glazed Vegetables
- 2 Pounds chicken breasts tenders
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 Cup Italian bottled dressing
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 4 medium Carrots julienned
- 2 Cups Green Beans Fresh or frozen
- 1 large red bell peppers sliced
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid. Shake until well mixed. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large stove-top skillet on medium high heat. Place chicken tenders in the oil and cook chicken for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Pour half the dressing over the tenders. Turn to coat with dressing. Remove from skillet, cover and keep warm.
- Add carrots to skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes and then add zucchini. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender or about 5-6 minutes. Add tomatoes for last 1 minute. Transfer vegetables to serving dish.
- Give the remaining dressing another few shakes and pour into the skillet. Heat until warmed through and then use it as a drizzle upon serving the chicken and veggies.