One of the quickest ways to my teenage daughter’s heart is through a hot bowl of potato soup. This one happens to be her very favorite. It’s heartening to me as well to see her get so excited when I tell her what I’ve made for dinner. If I really want to go above and beyond, she goes nuts when I serve this with my Quick and Easy Homemade Dinner Roll and a tasty green salad. Can you think of a more nourishing meal? Enjoy!
Broccoli Potato and Corn Chowder
- 1 1/2 cups onions minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 1/2 cups potatoes diced
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli chopped
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine onions, garlic, chicken broth, and potatoes in a large stock pot. Boil until potatoes can be partially mashed with the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes.
- Gently steam frozen broccoli in the microwave so it is soft enough to chop. Add to boiling vegetables for 5 minutes of cooking.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add milk and cream cheese, slowly stirring until the cream cheese is melted.
- Add corn for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Includes Amazon Affiliate Links