Most often, this salad is requested as a side dish for dinner. I think it’s the homemade croutons that win everyone over. They are so easy to make and taste a million times better than the bagged stuff. Make this a main dish for lunch or dinner by adding some cooked rotisserie chicken. Enjoy!
Caesar Side Salad with Homemade Croutons
- 8 Cups Chopped Lettuce Romaine or Green Leaf
- 1 1/2 Cups Grape Tomatoes halved
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1/4 Cup Caesar Salad Dressing
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 3 slices Bread (4 Cups) cubed
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Cube sliced bread into 1-inch pieces. In a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil. Mix to coat well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix again.
- Spread bread cubes in an even layer onto baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn bread pieces over, and bake 3 minutes more.
- If needed, remove, stir, and bake 2-3 minutes more. Cool completely.
- Mix lettuce, dressing, and lemon juice until leaves are well coated. Top with remaining ingredients.
Includes Affiliate Links