One day this winter, all four of my kids had the barfs. To make matters worse, I didn’t discover the issue until right before my play practice. So, my poor husband had to take care of everyone by himself. Not something I should talk about before selling you a great recipe, right? Wrong. After they all emptied their stomachs and had a good night’s rest, my kids REALLY appreciated this simple, nourishing soup! I appreciated how fast it was to whip up. Thank goodness it was only a 24 hour bug. They were bouncing off the walls in no time. I hope this recipe is comforting for your home remedies this flu season too. Enjoy!
Simple Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Carrots diced
- 1/2 Cup Celery diced
- 1/2 Cup Onions diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 2 Cups Egg Noodles
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley or 1 Tablespoon dry
- 1 Cup Rotisserie Chicken chopped
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- In a large stock pot, boil carrots, celery, onions, garlic, salt, and turmeric in the chicken broth for 10 minutes
- In a separate saucepan boil egg noodles for 10 minutes or until al dente. Strain and add to chicken broth and vegetables.
- Add parsley, chicken and peas and cook until peas are warmed through. If using dry parsley, add that in step 1.
- Cool to serve.
(Includes Affiliate Links)