Cleaning out the fridge never tasted so good! For one of those nights when you need a quick meal that tastes great and satisfies every person at the table, try this Fiesta Vegetable Bowl. It’s packed with super-foods containing protein, healthy fats, antioxidants, phytochemicals, cholesterol-lowering fiber, vitamins, minerals and more! Best of all, it’s ready in under 30 minutes.
Fiesta Vegetable Bowl
- 3 1/2 Cups Sweet Potato peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 medium Zucchini Squash diced
- 2 Red Bell Peppers Diced
- 1 medium Yellow Onion diced
- 1 1/4 Cup Frozen Corn
- 15 oz. Black Beans drained
- 1 large Lime juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 4 Cups Rice Cooked
- Cilantro leaves
- Sharp Cheddar
- Avocadoes diced
- Plain Unsweetened Greek yogurt
- Starting with the sweet potato, chop all your veggies into bite-sized pieces.
- Coat a non-stick skillet or wok with Canola Cooking Spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Add just the sweet potatoes and water to the skillet. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes before adding zucchini, peppers, and onions to the skillet.
- Cook vegetables until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add frozen corn and cook for another 5 minutes until warmed through.
- Serve vegetables in bowls over a bed of rice and top with cilantro, cheese, avocadoes and Greek yogurt.
(Includes Affiliate Link)