Packed with protein, veggies, and flavor, this dish is sure to please the whole family. I just love when a complete meal can be served from one pan! Enjoy!
Smoky Sweet Potato Quinoa Skillet
Servings 6 people
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes cubed (about 4 cups)
- 2 Cups Kale chopped small
- 1 1/2 Cups Quinoa cooked
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- salt and pepper to taste
1 Recipe Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk 2% milkfat
- 1 1/2 teaspoon “Better than Bouillon” chicken base
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Brown 1 pound of Italian sausage in a large skillet. Once fully cooked, strain and lightly rinse the meat with HOT water in a colander.
- Cook the cubed potatoes in the skillet with a dash of water to prevent sticking. Cover with a lid and cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until tender, but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, prepare 1 Recipe Hearty Cream of Chicken Soup.
- Add kale, quinoa, sausage and chicken soup to the skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes and serve immediately.
Cream of Chicken Soup
- Sauté onions in butter in a medium saucepan until onions are soft and translucent.
- Mix in the flour to form a paste.
- Pour in half of the milk and whisk continually until well-combined with a wire whisk.
- Add the rest of the milk and the bouillon and continue whisking until mixture thickens and begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Includes Affiliate Links