In my freezer, I have several pounds of frozen ground beef that needs to be used up soon. As is quite typical for me, I have been forgetting to thaw it until about an hour before dinner. Never fear–the Instant Pot is here! And it saves the day every single time. Here’s a recipe for cooking Ground Beef Tacos from frozen bricks to ready-to-eat in just 40 minutes in the pressure cooker. The kids love these and I love how easy they are to make. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Ground Beef Tacos (from frozen)
- Pressure cooker
- 2 lbs Frozen Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 tbsp dehydrated onions
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 15 oz Refried Beans Fat Free
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 Cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 1 Cup Mild Pace Picante Salsa
- 1 Cup Guacamole
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 16 small Corn Tortillas
- Place frozen ground beef brick on top of the trivet and sprinkle dehydrated onions on top.
- Lock the lid, close the sealing valve and select HIGH PRESSURE for 25 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes for it to gain pressure before cooking process begins
- Once finished, manually release the pressure and open the lid. This will take 5 to 10 minutes. Pull the trivet out of the pot with the meat. Depending on how much liquid and grease is in the bottom of the pot, pour it into a heat-resistant container to cool before disposing. Reserve atleast 3 tablespoons of liquid to help enhance the flavor.
- Return the beef to the pot and cut it in half with a wooden spoon or spatula. Most likely, it will still be a bit pink inside. Press CANCEL on your Instant Pot and change the setting to SAUTE. Add remaining spices and cook for about 5 additional minutes, breaking up the meat into crumbled pieces as it continues cooking.
- Serve in warm tortillas or crispy shells with refried beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese, salsa, guacamole and Greek Yogurt.
(Includes Affiliate Links)