When I want to totally impress my kids after school, I bake them a batch of these delicious blueberry muffins. They are a bit sweeter than most muffins I make, and they make the kitchen smell like Heaven on Earth. One of my readers suggested Trader Jo’s blueberries for making the best muffin. I often use Costco blueberries, and while they are pretty big berries for a mini muffin, they suit us just fine too. Enjoy!
Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
- 2 1/2 Cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Cups milk
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease the muffin tins.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the milk, butter, brown sugar, and eggs. Mix until very smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients. Stir until well-incorporated, but do not over mix. It will make your muffins flat if you mix the batter too much.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Fill the greased muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 10 minutes or until tops of muffins bounce back when pressed with the tip of your finger.