I have fond memories of this salad showing up at many a summer barbecue as a kid. It always tasted better the day after. I’ve made a few tweaks to my mother’s recipe, mostly to make it more colorful. I hope this salad becomes your family tradition like it was mine. Enjoy!
Oriental Chicken Cabbage Salad
- 4 Cups Green Cabbage shredded
- 2 Cups Purple Cabbage shredded
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Rotisserie Chicken chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green onions chopped
- 1/3 Cup Slivered Almonds toasted
- 1/2 packet Ramen Noodles broken into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Better than Bouillon Chicken Soup Base
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Make dressing by adding all ingredients to a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients except for almonds and noodles.
- Toss dressing into salad and chill 2 to 4 hours. Add almonds and noodles just before serving.