It is impossible to fail at the dinner table when the main entrée includes marinara sauce, cheese and sausage. The kids love this, and I approve! This dish is loaded with fiber and protein from the quinoa and essential vitamins and minerals from the tomato sauce and shredded carrots. Enjoy!
- 3 Cups cooked Quinoa
- 26 oz. Hunts Garlic and Herb Pasta Sauce (or your favorite Gluten-Free Pasta Sauce)
- 1 1/2 Cups finely shredded Carrots
- 2 Tablespoons Basil dry
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley dry
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Salt
- 3/4 Cup cooked Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 Vine Ripe Tomatoes sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 casserole pan.
- Combine quinoa, pasta sauce, shredded carrots, and seasonings and mix until fully incorporated. (I usually mix it all together right in the sauce pan I used to cook the quinoa.)
- Pour one-third of the quinoa mixture into the greased pan. Use the back of your mixing spoon to level out the mixture.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage and half of the cheese evenly along the mixture. Pour remaining mixture over the sausage and cheese and smooth out with the back of your spoon.
- Top with sliced tomatoes and fresh basil and sprinkle the top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Broil for 2 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.