With just a couple small changes to my original Southwest Black Bean Burger recipe, this burger is safe for my friends who need to eat gluten-free. Here’s how to make these fail-proof and delicious burgers.
Southwest Black Bean Burgers (Gluten-Free)
Gluten-free black bean burgers
Servings 8 people
- 2 cans Black Beans drained 24 oz.
- 1/2 medium Jalapeno seeded
- 1/2 large Red Bell Pepper seeded
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Dry Ranch Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 8 Gluten-Free Hamburger Buns Udis brand
- 1 avocado mashed
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese sliced
- 1 Vine-ripe Tomato sliced
- 2 Cups Romaine Lettuce
- 8 ounces Heinz Ketchup
- 4 Cups Russet Potatoes French Fry-cut
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Seasoned Salt
- Pre-heat an electric, non-stick griddle to 375 degrees. Drain the beans and let them continue draining in a strainer as you complete the next steps. You want them as dry as possible.
- In a food processor or blender, shred jalapeno, bell pepper and onion. Remove from motor and pour out the juices, using your hand to catch the shredded vegetables.
- Pour shredded vegetables into a large mixing bowl. Wipe out the processor and pour in the rolled oats. Blend until oats make a course flour. Add oats to vegetable mixture.
- Add all remaining ingredients and spices to mixing bowl. Using a pastry blender, mash the mixture together until only half of the beans are left whole.
- Use your hands to form a ball of bean mixture, just smaller than a tennis ball. Drop the ball onto the heated griddle and press into a burger. It should be about 3 inches in diameter.
- Cook the burger about 8 minutes on one side and 5 minutes on the other. The burger should be golden brown in color and hold its shape.
- Serve on a bun with avocado, tomato, lettuce, cheese, etc.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix together Julienned potatoes, oil and salt in a bowl.
- Line a large cookie sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray. Pour potatoes in an even layer onto the greased foil.
- Bake potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring once half-way through. Fries should be golden brown, crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside.
(Includes Affiliate Links)