Every Friday night is Pizza Night at the Andersen household. Through the years we have become quite creative with our toppings. While this one is not totally out-of-the-box, it is not made with the traditional red sauce, and therefore, it’s unique. My husband and boys particularly love barbecue chicken pizza, and it is safe to say that we have mastered this deliciously sweet and savory pizza. The game-changer lies in the pizza crust, so follow my instructions on how to make the best whole wheat pizza crust. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
Barbecue Chicken Pizza on Whole Wheat Crust
- 12 inch Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- 1/2 Cup Barbecue Sauce, divided I like Kraft Original
- 1 Cup Cooked Chicken shredded
- 1/2 large Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion minced
- 3/4 Cup Canned Pineapple Tidbits optional
- 1 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- Follow instructions for making my whole wheat pizza crust. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread 1/4 Cup Barbecue sauce evenly over pre-baked crust. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together shredded chicken, bell peppers, onions, pineapple and remaining barbecue sauce until well-mixed.
- Spread chicken mixture over the barbecue crust. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for about 8 minutes or until the cheese is golden and the bottom of the crust is lightly browned.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve warm.