What do you make with leftover Holiday ham? Casserole, of course! After all the heavy Holiday foods, this broccoli, ham and cheese quinoa bake is a welcome change of pace. It is a great way to use up leftover ham, but you could also use turkey, beef, or chicken as well. Enjoy!
Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Quinoa Bake
- 3 cups Quinoa cooked
- 1 cup Ham. cooked
- 3 cups Broccoli frozen
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 11/4 cup milk 2% milkfat
- 11/2 teaspoon “Better than Bouillon” chicken base
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, and set aside in greased pan.
- Pour the soup over the quinoa and mix it well.
- Top quinoa mixture with chopped ham.
- Chop the frozen broccoli and place on top of the mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, remove the dish, sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven until the cheese is evenly melted.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup.
- Sauté onions in butter in a medium saucepan until onions are soft and translucent.
- Mix in the flour to form a paste.
- Pour in half of the milk and whisk continually until well-combined with a wire whisk.
- Add the rest of the milk, bouillon, salt and pepper. Continue whisking until mixture thickens and begins to bubble.
(Includes Affiliate Links)