Lately, breakfasts at our house consist of two different choices: smoothies and toast or oatmeal. Thus, when I whip up anything hot, the kids think I’m the best Mom ever. (See, the trick to being an awesome Mom is just to set the kids’ expectations pretty low. Ha!) Once my sleep schedule normalizes with the baby, I will get my act together act breakfast time again. This French toast is pretty basic, but I have put a more whole-ingredient spin on it, and I have made it friendly to those who need to avoid gluten. I hope you enjoy this as much as my kids did this morning.
Cinnamon and Honey French Toast (Gluten-Free)
- 8 slices Udi’s Bread
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons Butter For topping
- 1/4 Cup Honey For topping
- 1/4 Cup Pecans chopped (For topping)
- 6 oz. Fresh Blueberries For topping
- Pre-heat an electric griddle to 400 degrees, or heat a stovetop pan to medium-high heat.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and cinnamon. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture and turn to coat both sides. Cook on hot griddle for 3 minutes on both sides of the bread.
- Serve hot with a spread of butter, a drizzle of honey, and pecans and fresh blueberries.