This is the easiest, kid-friendliest salad you will ever make. Because my children are not sandwich eaters, I have to get creative with picnic outings and school lunches for them. This salad frequents our picnic basket and lunch boxes. And (of course) I have tweaked a few ingredients to make it just a bit more hearty than the original recipe. Enjoy!
Classic Creamy Pasta Salad
- 8 oz. Bow Tie or Macaroni Pasta
- 2 Cups Frozen peas
- 1 Stalk Celery (2/3 Cup), diced
- 3/4 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese cubed
- 2.5 oz. Canadian Bacon or Ham (1/2 Cup), cubed
- 2/3 Cup Mayonnaise Classic
- 1/3 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Milk 2% Milkfat
- 1/4 Cup Dill Pickles chopped fine
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta until al dente. Rinse, drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut the cheddar into 1/2 inch cubes. Combine them into a large bowl with the peas, celery, and ham.
- Mix the dressing ingredients thoroughly.
- Add cooked noodles and pour dressing over the pasta. Stir to combine well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or over night.
- Serve cold and refrigerate left-overs in an air tight container for up to 3 days.