Here’s a quick fix for a hot summer night. We are getting 2 or 3 tomatoes from our garden right now, and this dish is a great way to eat them. Our basil plant is also starting to produce enough leaves for homemade pesto. Add some pasta and chicken and this is a winner! Enjoy!
Pesto Chicken Pasta
- 2 Cups fresh Basil leaves packed
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- 2/3 Cup Olive Oil divided
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan fresh grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 16 ounces Penne Pasta
- 1 1/2 Cups tomatoes sliced
- 1 Cup Rotisserie Chicken cooked
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese fresh grated
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Follow directions on package to cook your pasta of choice. I like to use Penne, but Farfalle or Rotini works well too. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor. Pulse a few times until chopped.
- Add 1/2 Cup Olive Oil and process until smooth. Continue adding remaining Olive Oil until desired consistency is reached. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Transfer to a small mixing bowl and add the Parmesan cheese. Pour pesto over cooked pasta and stir until well-coated. Mix chicken. Top with tomatoes and extra Parmesan. Serve warm.