One of my fastest go-to dinners for a busy week night.
Servings 6 people
- 2 Cups Basil packed fresh leaves
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- 2/3 Cup Olive Oil divided
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan + 1/4 Cup for topping freshly shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 oz. White Penne Pasta
- 6 oz. Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 2 Cups Frozen Peas
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Follow directions on package to cook your pasta of choice. I like to use Penne, but Farfalle or Rotini works well too. During the last 5 minutes of boiling, add frozen peas to the pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor. Pulse a few times until chopped.
- Add 1/2 Cup Olive Oil and process until smooth. Continue adding remaining Olive Oil until desired consistency is reached. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Transfer to a small mixing bowl and add the Parmesan cheese. Pour pesto over cooked pasta and stir until well-coated. Top with extra Parmesan. Serve warm.
Includes Amazon Affiliate Links