This is a classic casserole that I grew up loving. As usual, I souped it up on vegetables and “healthified” the recipe without sacrificing flavor and texture. We eat this casserole almost once per month. I hope your family loves it as much as we do. Enjoy!
Hearty Tuna Bake
- 3 Cups Dry Egg Noodles
- 10 oz. Canned Tuna in water drained
- 1 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Cup Celery chopped
- 1 Cup Zucchini chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions minced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley (1 Tablespoon Dry)
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 3/4 Cup Greek Yogurt plain, unsweetened
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Recipe Hearty Cream of Chicken Soup (see instructions)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Make 1 Recipe Hearty Cream of Chicken Soup. Pour into large mixing bow. Mix in the Greek Yogurt and Mayonnaise until well blended. Set aside.
- Cook Egg Noodles according to package directions just until soft. Do not overcook. Strain noodles and add to sauce mixture.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together in the large mixing bowl. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Increase heat to a high broil and bake for an additional 60 to 90 seconds, or until the cheese is slightly browned. Watch it closely!
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.