This sweet and savory dish will impress everyone at your next family dinner. It’s festive, tasty, and TENDER! With both slow-cooker and Instant Pot directions it is so EASY! This is a fool-proof recipe, folks. To complete the meal, I serve this with garlic mashed potatoes and Kale Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette. Update 2/9/2022: I concocted a dynamite recipe for homemade Catalina Dressing. If you prefer not to use the bottled stuff, this recipe takes just 5 minutes to whip up and it works GREAT in this chicken. Enjoy!
Instant Pot (or Slow-Cooker) Cranberry Chicken
- 5 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 2.5 pounds)
- 12 ounce Fresh Cranberries
- 8 ounces Zesty Catalina Dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 8-10 Russet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Slow-Cooker Directions: (Thawed Chicken)
- Place THAWED chicken breasts in bottom of slow-cooker.
- Sort out mushy cranberries and rinse them with water in a strainer. Top chicken with cranberries.
- Pour dressing over the chicken and sprinkle with garlic salt and pie spice.
- Cook chicken on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- Without removing from the crock pot, cut chicken into 1 inch cubes with kitchen shears or a metal spatula.
- Serve with rice or potatoes and Kale Salad.
Instant Pot Directions: (Frozen Chicken)
- If using the Instant Pot, you can use FROZEN chicken breasts. Add 1/2 Cup of Chicken broth to the above ingredients. Set to High Pressure for 18 minutes, and manually release the pressure.
- Wash, chop and boil for approximately 15 minutes or until potatoes are very soft.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot. Add butter and Greek yogurt and mash the potatoes. I like to use an electric mixer.
(Includes Affiliate Link)