This is a classic Alfredo sauce recipe that I use at least twice a month in my cooking. It’s fast, easy, and a bit lighter than most versions. Any dish I make with this sauce is always a hit at our dinner table. Thus, I attribute many of my dinner successes to Sara and Kate over at “Our Best Bites.” You can find their original recipe here.
Guiltless Alfredo Sauce
- 2 Cups Low-fat Milk
- 1/3 Cup Cream Cheese (3 oz.)
- 3 Tablespoons Flour I use whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Combine milk, cream cheese, flour, and salt in a blender. Blend on high speed until totally smooth, about 2 minutes.
- In a large sauce pan, sauté the minced garlic in the tablespoon of butter for about 30 seconds. Be careful not to overcook the garlic.
- Over medium-high heat, add the milk mixture to the saucepan of garlic and stir continuously with a wire whisk until the mixture begins to thicken and bubble.
- Remove sauce pan from the heat. Use a rotary cheese grater (affiliate link) to quickly shred the parmesan. Mix in the Parmesan, stirring until it melts completely.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.