Zesty, spicy, sweet, and tart—nothing tastes more like the holidays than homemade cranberry sauce! You will love the way this dish fills your kitchen with the aroma of spices and orange zest as the cranberries gently simmer on your stove. And, frankly, you might be a little embarrassed that you ever used to serve the canned stuff. This is so yummy and so easy to make!
Citrus Zest Cranberry Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 12- ounce bag Fresh Cranberries
- 1 whole Navel Orange zested
- In a medium-sized sauce pan dissolve water, sugar, and spices over high heat. Boil until syrup becomes clear.
- Meanwhile, rinse the cranberries and remove mushy berries.
- Add cleaned berries to boiling syrup. Cook for about 5 minutes or until most berries have gently popped but aren’t mushy.
- Remove from heat and add orange zest.
(Includes Affiliate Link)