I know I am a little late to the bandwagon, but I must say that I am loving these Zoodles (zucchini noodles)! I have a hand-held spiralizer that works well to make beautiful spirals of zucchini squash into zoodles. What a great way add more vegetables into your diet and cut a few carbs out for people like diabetics who need to watch their intake! Tonight, I made zoodles into an Alfredo dish that was delicious. My 7-year-old was inhaling the stuff as he told me I needed to take a picture and put this on the website. So, here it is. Enjoy!
Chicken Zoodle Alfredo
- 2 Chicken Breasts 2 1/2 Cups, fully cooked*
- 4 Medium Zucchini Squash spiralized
- 8 oz. Spaghetti Noodles
- 2 Cups Low-fat Milk
- 1/3 Cup Cream Cheese 3 oz.
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- Bake or grill chicken breasts until fully cooked through. Cut into bite sized cubes and set aside.
- Prepare Alfredo Sauce. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook Spaghetti noodles until tender.
- Meanwhile, spiralize the zucchini squash and place them in a large, non-stick skillet. Steep the zoodles, covered with a lid for about 5 minutes.
- Strain the spaghetti noodles, and add them along with the chicken and Alfredo sauce to the zoodles. Stir to combine. Serve immediately.
- Combine milk, cream cheese, flour, and salt in a blender. Blend on high speed until totally smooth, about 2 minutes.
- In a large sauce pan, sauté the minced garlic in the tablespoon of butter for about 30 seconds. Be careful not to overcook the garlic.
- Over medium-high heat, add the milk mixture to the saucepan of garlic and stir continuously with a wire whisk until the mixture begins to thicken and bubble.
- Remove sauce pan from the heat. Use a rotary cheese grater (affiliate link) to quickly shred the parmesan. Mix in the Parmesan, stirring until it melts completely.
Includes Amazon Affiliate Link