Football season is here, and tailgate parties are in full swing! Everybody loves a good 7-Layer Dip to munch on while watching the big game. For the beans, I usually pull some homemade ones from the freezer that I make in bulk with Mel’s Kitchen Cafe’s Recipe. That combined with a substitution in the sour cream mixture makes this recipe a bit lighter than most.
I last served this at my son’s sports-themed 9th Birthday party and the boys practically licked the pan clean. I hope you like it too. Enjoy!
Hearty 7-Layer Bean Dip
- 15 oz. Fat-Free Refried Beans Canned or homemade
- 15 oz. Black Beans Drained
- 3 large avocados ripe
- 1/4 Cup cilantro chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons Lime juice
- 1 Cup Sour Cream original
- 1 Cup Plain, Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Green onions green parts only
- 2 small tomatoes
Chips for serving
- 24 oz Corn Tortilla Chips
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together refried beans and drained black beans until well combined. Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 glass pan (because it's fun to see the layers, but not required).
- Next, combine pitted avocados, cilantro, and lime juice in a small mixing bowl and mash with a pastry blender until smooth enough to spread over the bean layer. I like to leave it slightly chunky.
- Rinse and dry your mixing bowl and combine the sour cream, yogurt, chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt. Stir this mixture until well combined and scoop spoonfuls over the guacamole layer. Spread it smooth.
- In even layers, top the cream with cheese, tomatoes, and green onions. Serve with tortilla chips immediately, or chill before serving. Eat within 24 hours.
(Includes Affiliate Links)