Everything you’ve ever wanted in a hearty muffin. These are moist, flavorful, delicious! When they are baking, your kitchen will fill with the aroma of Autumn. Enjoy!
Hearty Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Servings 24 muffins
- 2 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips mini
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 muffin tins with cups, grease, or silicone.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl with dry ingredients and stir to combine. Do not over-mix or the muffins will not rise properly when baking.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the muffins are golden, and the tops bounce back when pressed with your finger.
Serve warm or store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. These also freeze and re-heat very well.
Amazon Affiliate Links