Hearty Tuna Melt
Servings 6 people
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 oz. sharp cheddar cheese sliced
- 10 oz. Canned Tuna in water
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt plain unsweetened
- 1/2 Cup Real Mayonnaise
- 2 Cups celery chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup Dill pickles chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 2 Tablespoons green onions chopped
- Preheat a countertop griddle or stovetop skillet to 350 degrees, or medium-high heat.
- Mix the tuna salad ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Spread butter on one side of the bread and set it face down, onto the hot griddle.
- Place sliced cheese on the bread and top with about 1/3 cup of tuna salad.
- Butter one side of another slice of bread. Place the buttered side up on top of the sandwich.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on one side before flipping the sandwich to cook on the other side for another 2 minutes. The tuna melt is done with the cheese is melted and the tuna has warmed through.
Contains Amazon Affiliate Links