I finally figured out how to make the best chicken curry on the days when I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer. The chicken is juicy and tender while the vegetables are still formed and not mush. The flavor is fantastic—not too spicy and not bland. You can have this dish ready from frozen chicken to cooked-to-perfection in 55 minutes. This one is a winner!
Instant Pot Yellow Curry from Frozen Chicken
- 5 Cups Cooked Rice jasmine
- 1 1/2 pounds Frozen Chicken Breasts
Curry Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 3 Tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Curry Powder Madras
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Carrots sliced into 1/2- inch rounds
- 1 1/2 Cups Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 2 Cup Russet Potatoes chopped
- 3 cloves minced
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- 13.5 oz. Coconut milk full fat
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Place frozen chicken breasts on the bottom of Instant Pot. In a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake together the ingredients for the Curry Peanut sauce. Shake until well combined. Pour sauce over chicken.
- On the High Pressure setting, cook for 8 minutes. Once the pressure cooking is complete, immediately manually release the pressure. (See notes.)
- Add vegetables to the Instant Pot and set at High Pressure for 4 minutes. Manually release pressure.
- In the mason jar, shake the coconut sauce mixture until the cornstarch is fully dissolved. Switch to the Sauté setting. Add the coconut sauce and stir continually for about 2 minutes or until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve atop prepared Jasmine rice.
(Includes Affiliate Links)